We're looking for at least two experienced Software Engineers who will be based at our head office in Fitzroy, Melbourne. You will work within our Product and Engineering team to design, build and support software solutions, infrastructure and tooling that drive the Flippa product direction. This role plays a key role in our expansion at Flippa and will contribute to the culture of the engineering and wider Flippa team.
Own Your Future at Flippa
Founded in 2009, Flippa’s mission is to give every business owner a pathway to exit. Flippa’s platform powers the digital real estate industry, we invented the space and we are the market leaders. Our unique peer-to-peer marketplace brings together entrepreneurs, owners, investors and operators to trade sites, stores, apps and online businesses. We represent the new real estate - it’s digital real estate - and this is your opportunity to be a part of a major shift in society, one where digital business ownership is the new currency and a new asset class.
At Flippa, your ideas count and your perspective matters. We favour the brave and want you to do your best work. You will love it here if you are open and curious, love a fast pace, always think about the end customer and know the digital economy. We want to help our customers be successful and this means working on the things that matter most to them. We support each other (one of our values is to Be Human) to achieve great things and celebrate the wins. Do you want to Own Your Future?
As a Software Engineer at Flippa, you will get to -
- Design and deliver robust, scalable and secure solutions
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, adhering to coding standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to scope and plan new features
- Work with agile methodologies (Scrum, kanban)
- Promote process and technical improvements
- Share your knowledge and skills with the team
- Mentor engineers to help them up-skill
- Perform code reviews and pair programming
- Fulfil a primary support role for the production ecosystem (on-call rotation)
What you bring to the table -
- Proven work experience in software development with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails - the ability to write tested, well-designed, functional code, in Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- Ability to operate with infrastructure
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ideally, you will also have a bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
To be successful you will have -
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field, or 5 years of relevant work experience.
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing clean and efficient code
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player attitude with the ability to work independently and with team members
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing priorities
- Customer focussed
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical team members
- A passion for self-development and learning
These are the people we love at Flippa - do you fit?
- You possess a Think, Say, Plan, Do mindset and demonstrate this in everything you do
- You are solutions orientated
- You love working in a fast paced ambitious environment.
- You are results driven, motivated team player
- You have a positive attitude and desire to “go the extra mile” to achieve great things for Flippa.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity (we're a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- A strong work ethic
- Have an interest in a start-up environment and interest in digital, online products and services.
- You are happy to work both autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic and ability to collaborate across teams. We may reward individual effort, but we most certainly play as a team in everything we do
- You love helping small business owners achieve
- You want to have some fun