We are looking for a senior marketing gun with start-up and fast growth DNA to join the Flippa team as Head of Brand & Community. This is an exciting opportunity to join Flippa with responsibility for increasing awareness, building advocacy and loyalty with our existing community and the broader small business community globally.
You will manage brand awareness and engagement through community building, key influencer relationship building, PR, social channel management and events. You will be able to directly measure your effort against key goals - listings acquisition and buyer engagement.
Own Your Future at Flippa
Founded in 2009, Flippa’s mission is to give every business owner a pathway to exit. Flippa’s platform powers the digital real estate industry, we invented the space and we are the market leaders. Our unique peer-to-peer marketplace brings together entrepreneurs, owners, investors and operators to trade sites, stores, apps and online businesses. We represent the new real estate - it’s digital real estate - and this is your opportunity to be a part of a major shift in society, one where digital business ownership is the new currency and a new asset class.
At Flippa, your ideas count and your perspective matters. We favour the brave and want you to do your best work. You will love it here if you are open and curious, love a fast pace, always think about the end customer and know the digital economy. We want to help our customers be successful and this means working on the things that matter most to them. We support each other (one of our values is to Be Human) to achieve great things and celebrate the wins. Do you want to Own Your Future?
As the Head of Brand & Community at Flippa, you’ll get to -
- Create key community based relationships and spark word of mouth conversation about the brand.
- Create an ecosystem for relationships to become key story-telling elements in all channels of communication
- Drive revenue via heightened brand awareness and consideration (top of funnel)
- Develop unique selling proposition and brand position
- Develop and execute quarterly brand marketing plans inspired by the vision and deeply connected to our strategy - great plans will be equally aspirational and pragmatic; they should be executable within the confines of our resources
- Develop ongoing brand marketing programs and partnerships, as well as temporary campaigns, with the former being most important
- Partner with other internal functions beyond Marketing, such as: Product, Customer Support, Design, Finance, and more
- Develop relationships with other brands, members of the press and influencer community, and other relevant organizations on the basis of mutually beneficial partnerships to deliver on our brand marketing objectives
- Work collaboratively with all partners to devise and execute ongoing launches and collaborations, across multiple channels, to bring the strategy to life
- Align brand messaging and content to target audiences and customer segments to drive our business objectives
- Conduct user research and rely on data to evaluate performance and develop insight driven recommendations
- Evolve our Flippa brand; leveraging our mission, vision and brand pillars to shape brand position and sentiment
- Realize the ability to leverage effective content by partnering closely with Marketing Creative and other resources
- Manage and drive the customer events calendar - this should be always on
- Understand and communicate relevant industry trends and build industry reports to win customers
- Set targets and measure the efficacy and efficiency of the work; working with Finance, Data Science and Marketing analytics
What you bring to the table -
Past examples of how you have brought amazing ideas to life that expanded brand awareness, sentiment and consideration
A creative thinker who turns insight into actionable ideas that build the business
Experience building Marketing Personas and target audiences
Experience with research and insights (market, competitive, customer, etc.)
Experience working in an international organisation
Experience with events
Experience in an exceptionally fast paced, ‘do it now, not tomorrow’ culture
Interest and passion for the small business economy and the shift to digital small business ownership.
B2C and B2B marketing experience
To be successful you will have -
- 10+ years of experience in brand marketing, strategic partnerships and community engagement with at least 4 years dedicated to delivering scalable brand programs with growing brands (Tech, eCommerce and Marketplace experience a plus)
- Proven track record of driving and measuring brand programs
- Experience architecting and managing meaningful brand partnerships
- Outstanding brand sensibilities and the ability to communicate them
- A knack for storytelling, compatible with the way people consume content today
- An ability to combine the power of ideas with the realities of the business world
- Detail-orientation with a clear ability to work independently under management/time pressure
- Proactive and process-driven, with ability to think ahead to full scope of projects and deliver work on time and accurately.
- Experience leading, inspiring and developing a team
- Outstanding communication (verbal/written) and collaborator
- Enthusiastic team player with the flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly
- Self-motivated and takes initiative with an innovative mindset to drive new ideas and think outside of the box as an entrepreneurial leader.
These are the people we love at Flippa - do you fit?
- You possess a Think, Say, Plan, Do mindset and demonstrate this in everything you do
- You are solutions orientated
- You love working in a fast paced ambitious environment.
- You are results driven
- You have a positive attitude and desire “go the extra mile” to achieve great things for Flippa
- You have loads of initiative
- You are happy to work both autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic and ability to collaborate across teams. We may reward individual effort, but we most certainly play as a team in everything we do
- You love helping small business owners achieve
- You want to have some fun
What is the Think, Say, Plan, Do mindset in the Head of Brand & Community context?
Think: You regularly come up with new ideas (small and big) and actively think solutions
Say: You voice these new ideas so as you can get buy-in and accelerate a path to delivery
Plan: You document what is involved, when and by who with detail around objectives and measures
Do: You work at speed to test, learn and grow. Nothing stands in your way. You’ll do it and do it at speed.
Pay & Benefits
Flippa is an awesome place to work – you'll be working with smart colleagues, tackling challenging problems, and enjoying a competitive salary, equity package, 401k, health insurance and 4-weeks annual holidays. In a world impacted by COVID-19, our Austin based team is working remotely until we decide to return to the office. When at the office you enjoy snacks and team lunches. We also have a wellness program, birthday leave, paid parental leave, study support, recognition awards and more. If you are remote, that’s fine too.