We are looking for a results driven, Director of Sales to drive the strategy and optimize our sales cadence at Flippa. This is an exciting opportunity to lead, coach and grow our hardworking account management and sales development team and take it to the next level. As a seasoned sales leader, you will have a small business orientation dealing with fast transactional sales and proven success driving revenue growth and incrementality. This position will be based in Austin, Texas and will work closely with Flippa’s CEO and leadership team.
Own Your Future at Flippa
Founded in 2009, Flippa’s mission is to give every business owner a pathway to exit. Flippa’s platform powers the digital real estate industry, we invented the space and we are the market leaders. Our unique peer-to-peer marketplace brings together entrepreneurs, owners, investors and operators to trade sites, stores, apps and online businesses. We represent the new real estate - it’s digital real estate - and this is your opportunity to be a part of a major shift in society, one where digital business ownership is the new currency and a new asset class.
At Flippa, your ideas count and your perspective matters. We favour the brave and want you to do your best work. You will love it here if you are open and curious, love a fast pace, always think about the end customer and know the digital economy. We want to help our customers be successful and this means working on the things that matter most to them. We support each other (one of our values is to Be Human) to achieve great things and celebrate the wins. Do you want to Own Your Future?
As Director of Sales at Flippa, you’ll get to -
- Understand the world of digital real estate and the motivations behind our customers
- Create and implement a streamlined and consistent sales process
- Predict the needs, questions, and hurdles presented by prospective customers and proactively address them
- Manage timely, accurate, and robust prospect, pipeline, and forecast data
- Work seamlessly with the operations and product teams to lead a coordinated and effective team selling effort
- Drive the team and manage efforts to close lead to listing
- Create an activity based account management effort - listing to close
- Maintain a record of all sales activities and actionable follow-up items in our CRM and communicate progress
- Foster relationships with customers and service accounts when needed
- Communicate customer needs, feedback, value-add products, features, and services with engineering, product, & operations teams
- Lead business development activities, including, but not limited to email, phone, LinkedIn, social media, and attendance at industry conferences and trade shows
- Attend daily virtual team meetings, weekly virtual company-wide meetings, and virtual meetings ad-hoc.
What you bring to the table -
- 10+ years experience as a proven sales leader with extensive small business sales experience and responsibility for closing net new business
- Proven capability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a history of successful revenue growth and incrementality
- Ability to successfully build and nurture a pipeline
- Previous experience in a growth stage sales organization
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels
- Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting
- Experience with complex sales funnels and building an activity based sales engine
- Experience with sales strategy based on proven performance driving revenue output from small to $1bn+
- Be a critical member of the leadership team; influencing our story/value proposition, go-to-market strategy and sales strategy
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a determination to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, customer service, relationship management, time management, and teamwork
To be successful, you will have -
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Be a natural leader with a keen interest in coaching and developing the team
- Develop innovative sales approaches in partnership with the SDR and Account Management teams
- You are a results-oriented individual who is excited by the prospect of fueling the continued growth and success of Flippa
- Detail-orientation with a clear ability to work independently under management/time pressure
- Comfortable and excited to be a hands-on contributor
- Excellent ability to identify and resolve problems in the sales process
- Willingness to travel often
These are the people we love at Flippa - do you fit?
- You possess a Think, Say, Plan, Do mindset and demonstrate this in everything you do
- You are solutions orientated
- You love working in a fast paced ambitious environment.
- You are results driven
- You have a positive attitude and desire “go the extra mile” to achieve great things for Flippa
- You have loads of initiative
- You are happy to work both autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic and ability to collaborate across teams. We may reward individual effort, but we most certainly play as a team in everything we do
- You love helping small business owners achieve
- You want to have some fun
Pay & Benefits
Flippa is an awesome place for great professionals – you'll be working with smart colleagues, tackling challenging problems, and enjoying a competitive salary, equity package, 401k, health insurance and 4-weeks annual holidays. In a world impacted by COVID-19, our Austin based team is working remotely until we decide to return to the office. When at the office you enjoy snacks and team lunches. We also have a wellness program, birthday leave, paid parental leave, study support, recognition awards and more.